Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Roller Skate Religion?

The simplicity of roller skates, the speed, the turns, the surprise when you fall and you get back up unhurt and continue on, the sore ankles later but the memory of the fun; gosh, it is such a great analogy with our walk with God. Our lives are full of "funny turns," and some not so funny at all, but when we look back, we see things differently. Sometimes, we see more clearly how God was working in our lives to bring about that which we could not have foreseen. Thinking of those "funny turns" reminded me of a thaumatrope and I wondered if I could use the word as an adjective- i.e., "the thaumatropical workings of God in our lives." So I looked it up and there, at my fingertips, lunging into my being, was the funny turn of getting to know something I had not known, and should know, and feel giddy to know. Written there is the very application of what I was thinking concerning the funny turns in our lives and God having everything to do with them. Thaumatology-- the study of miracles! What a funny turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment